First introduced in issue 14 of Volume and summarized Via Volume’s blog (here)
1) Don’t wait for the phone to ring. Architects act now.
2) Pose a problem. It’s the best solution.
3) Become the expert. Knowledge is.
4) Write your own brief. You answer to no body.
5) Design the answer. It may not be a building.
6) Run the numbers. Win in the end.
7) Get yourself together. Pool talent.
8) Find the loophole.
9) Assemble your argument. Biased advice is best.
10) Build public support. Demonstrate the urgency.
11) Solicit your future client. (You now hold all the answers)
12) Return to step two.
Hat Tip Quilian